Before the school year begins, have your child create a "Time Capsule" that they can open on the last day of school. This a sweet little keepsake that is a lot of fun to put together. At the end of the year your child will enjoy comparing their measurements, reading what their "favorites" were, and receiving a few treats from their past selves. Use your "create" token to complete this activity!
- Mason Jar
- Wrapping Paper, Kraft Paper, Construction Paper or Cardstock
- Additional Ideas: stickers, camera, favorite snacks, favorite small toy
- Optional: Paper Cutter, Circle Cutter, Washi Tape
Do the following and add to your mason jar capsule!
- Height: Measure your child's height with a string.
- Handprint: Trace your child's hand on a piece of paper.
- Photos: Have your child take pictures of things that are special to them. We used the Instax Mini 9 camera for this but you could print photos and cut them into a smaller size as well.
- Favorite Items: Have your child add other small items they may want to receive at the end of the year: stickers, favorite snack, favorite small toy, etc.
- Self Portrait: Have your child draw a self portrait picture.
- Beginning of Year Questions: Instead of printing out one sheet of questions, we decided to print them out, cut them apart, and glue them onto decorative paper! You can type and print them out or handwrite them yourself. The following are some ideas for writing prompts.
- This is how I write my name:
- My favorite color is:
- My favorite book is:
- My favorite food is:
- My favorite game is:
- My favorite song is:
- My favorite place is:
- My favorite movie is:
- My favorite school subject is:
- When I grow up I want to be:
Leave a comment